Congratulations to the Virginia women's swimmers, who claimed their fifth consecutive ACC Championship, the tenth in program history. In total, Virginia won 10 events and owned 22 podium spots throughout the meet. The Cavaliers earned a whopping 848 points, with North Carolina coming in second (615 points) and Florida State third (460 points).
There were many highlights of the meet, one of which includes a thriller in the final event, the 400-yard freestyle relay, which came down to the wire on a final Maryland push, before the relay team of Lauren Perdue, Meredith Cavalier, Kelly Flynn, and Emily Lloyd pulled out with a win by just a tenths of a second. The gold medal gave Virginia wins in four of the five relays at the championship.
Perdue also came away with individual accolades, as she became just the third swimmer in ACC history to three-peat in the 100-yard freestyle.
Virginia finished the season with a perfect 8-0 dual meet record, including a 4-0 record against conference opponents.
The women's NCAA Championships begin on March 15 at Auburn. The men will compete next week in the ACC Championships, also in Blacksburg. Action for the men begins this Wednesday, February 22.
2. North Carolina
3. Florida State
4. Virginia Tech
6. NC State
8. Georgia Tech
11. Boston College
Virginia took the gold in each of the following events, all of which are NCAA ‘B' times:
- 200 Medley Relay - Charlotte Clarke, Flynn, Cavalier, Perdue - 1:39.03
- 800 Free Relay - Rachel Naurath, Caroline Kenney, Emily Dicus, Perdue - 7:03.56
- 200 IM - Sarah White - 1:57.68
- 200 Free Relay - Perdue, Cavalier, Flynn, Lloyd - 1:29.95
- 400 IM - Megan Fox - 4:08.01
- 100 Back - Clarke - 53.33
- 200 Back - Cavalier - 1:54.70
- 100 Free - Perdue - 48.27
- 200 Fly - Fox - 1:56.02
- 400 Free Relay - Perdue, Cavalier, Flynn, Lloyd - 3:16.50
Virginia also placed in each of the following events, all of which are NCAA ‘B' times:
- 500 Free - Naurath - 4:41.03 (Second)
- 500 Free - Alison Haulsee - 4:42.37 (Third)
- 200 IM - Ell Williamson - 1:57.79 (Second)
- 50 Free - Perdue - 22.17 (Second)
- 400 Medley Relay - Cavalier, Flynn, Williamson, Perdue - 3:35.76 (Second)
- 100 Fly - Williamson - 53.23 (Third)
- 200 Free- Naurath - 1:46.34 (Third)
- 100 Back - Cavalier - 53.41 (Second)
- 1650 Free - Haulsee - 16:21.56 (Third)
- 200 Back - Williamson - 1:54.85 (Second)
- 200 Back - Kenney - 1:55.53 (Third)
- 200 Fly - White - 1:57.56 (Third)