After a strong showing last week over measly VMI, the Virginia Cavaliers head on the road for the first time this season as they open up ACC play against the Pittsburgh Panthers. Yep, that's still a weird sentence to type...ACC...Pitt. These are strange times in which we live.
The Hoos and the Panthers last met in 2007, when Virginia dominated by a final score of 44-14. But in Pittsburgh, the Hoos haven't yet been able to find a victory in their last two attempts. Is the third time really the charm?
The UVa media game notes provide a fun fact: Virginia is 0-5 when facing a new ACC member for the first time in conference play, dating back to when Georgia Tech joined the ACC in 1979. UVa has lost to Georgia Tech (1982), Florida State (1992), Miami (2004), Virginia Tech (2004) and Boston College (2005). Wait. Actually, that wasn't fun at all. Why did I share that? Why did they share that?
Game Time: 12:30 p.m.
TV Coverage: Regional Sports Networks (Affiliates)
Online Streaming: ESPN 3
Previews, Continuing Coverage and More from Streaking The Lawn:
- 2013 Virginia Football Previews: Pitt
- UVa vs. Pitt .GIF Preview
- Behind Enemy Lines: Q&A with Pitt's Cardiac Hill
- Las Vegas Odds for Week 5 ACC Games: Big week for the Commonwealth
- Comeback Cavs: Top-Ranked Women's Soccer Keeps Winning
- Everything Joe Harris says is perfect #Swoon
- Virginia Lacrosse Names 2013-2014 Team Captains