Want a behind-the-scenes tour of John Paul Jones Arena? On May 7, 2011, the UVa Club of Charlottesville has got you covered, as every player who enters the inaugural Cavaliers Against Cancer Texas Hold'em Charity Tournament will have access to the Arena (not to mention an all-you-can-eat buffet, Vegas style) as well as tons of tournament and door prizes.
All net proceeds of the event will be donated to the Rebecca Clary Harris, M.D. Memorial Fellowship at the University of Virginia Cancer Center. This fellowship celebrates the life of Rebecca Clary Harris M.D., a talented physician and researcher who excelled in the study and treatment of melanoma. The fund provides clinical and translational research fellowships to graduate students or fellows in the Human Immune Therapy Center at the University of Virginia Cancer Center.
This is a great event for anyone in the area. the entry is a $75 donation -- or, if you just want to attend and watch, you can do so for a $25 donation. But hurry! Seats are limited, and if any seats are available after April 30, the price price goes up to $100 per seat.
There are a ton of prizes up for grabs, including, among others:
- Two foursomes (green and cart fees) at The Homestead’s Cascades Course – Each with a $1,000 Retail Value
- A vacation stay at Bluegreen Resorts – A $1,000 Retail Value
- A foursome (green & cart fees) at Massanutten Golf – A $270 Retail Value
- Four Massanutten WaterPark tickets – A $155 Retail Value
- Gift certificates and prize packages from a number of local vendors
And the team is always adding more, so definitely check it out. Word on the street is that some UVa coaches and former players may be in attendance as well! Get all the details, register, and support the UVa Cancer Center today at www.cavaliersagainstcancer.com!