Now that the Virginia Cavaliers have hired their new football coach, Bronco Mendenhall, here are some interesting stats about the 40th coach in UVA's history.
- Mendenhall's BYU Cougars went 99-42 (.702) under his watch, which is 18th best among active coaches with at least four years of experience, and 14th best at the same school.
- He coached BYU to 11 straight bowl games, which only 10 other programs can claim. UVA has only been to 18 bowls in their history.
- Mendenhall has won six bowl games, which is only one less than Virginia's all-time total.
- Since 2006, BYU has the 13th most wins in FBS, ahead of such schools like Clemson, Texas, Michigan and Stanford.
- BYU was in the top 40 in both offense and defense this season.
- The Cougars did not have a losing season in Mendenhall's tenure.
- Mendenhall has won 10 or more games in a season five times and three of those were 11 win seasons. Virginia has only had one 10 or more win season once in their history.
Hopefully Bronco Mendenhall can continue his success with the Hoos!