Congratulations to the Virginia women's swimming and diving team, who last night won their eighth straight ACC Swimming & Diving Championship!
Virginia ended the meet with 1,308.5 points, followed by North Carolina's 1,255, Virginia Tech at 1,018, Louisville at 918, and NC State at 874 to round out the top five. Here's a PDF of the final results.
"I am extremely proud of the way our women performed tonight," UVA head coach Augie Busch said. "We knew it was going to take a lot to defeat teams who were performing at a high level like North Carolina. To have performances like we did in such a tight battle will only make us better in four weeks at the NCAA Championships."
Cavaliers capturing individual ACC titles were:
- Leah Smith, 1,650 Free (15:52.00)
- Courtney Bartholomew, 200 Back (1:49.87) (Virginia and ACC Record and seventh fastest time in the history of the event)
- Laura Simon, 200 Breast (2:07.48)
- Courtney Bartholomew, Laura Simon, Ellen Williamson, Kaitlyn Jones, 400 Medley Relay (3:28.79)
- Courtney Bartholomew, 100 Back (51.36)
- Leah Smith, 200 Free (1:43.88)
- Leah Smith, 500 Free (4:35.67)
- Courtney Bartholomew, Laura Simon, Ellen Williamson, Ellen Thomas, 200 Medley Relay (1:35.88) (ACC Record)
- Leah Smith, Hanne Borgersen, Kaitlyn Jones, Cece Williams, 800 Free Relay (7:00.93) (ACC Record)