If you’re a basketball fan who’s been on the Internet recently, there’s a good chance you’ve run into an article with this general premise: build your dream team with $15, with every player having a preset monetary value based on how good they are. Now it’s our turn, and I’ve made a few changes.
- You have $20 to work with.
- You can pick any six players - five starters and a sixth man - and one coach.
- $10: Ralph Sampson
- $5: Malcolm Brogdon, Jeff Lamp, Barry Parkhill, Sean Singletary, Bryant Stith, Wally Walker, Buzzy Wilkinson
- $2: John Crotty, Harold Deane, Joe Harris, Curtis Staples, Justin Anderson, Lee Raker, Travis Watson, Mike Scott, Akil Mitchell, Olden Polynice
- $1: Every other player in UVa history, along with coaches Tony Bennett and Terry Holland
- All other coaches are free.
For example, you can pick Ralph Sampson, a $5 player, a $2 player, three $1 players and a free coach.
So, who’s your pick for the all-time UVa team with a salary cap? Let us know in the comments below!
If you’re curious, here are my picks:
PG: London Perrantes
SG: Jeff Lamp
SF: Justin Anderson
PF: Chris Williams
C: Ralph Sampson
Sixth man: J.R. Reynolds
Coach: Jeff Jones