With only 79 days until the 2017-2018 NCAA basketball season officially kicks off (thanks, Jon Rothstein), Virginia basketball has started their summer workout. The official UVA Basketball Twitter account (@UVAMensHoops...you should be following them if you aren't already) posted a short clip:
- Between transfers out (Marial Shayok, Jarred Reuter, and Darius Thompson), transfers in (Nigel Johnson), new players (Marco Anthony and Frankie Baddochi), and Kyle Guy's haircut (byeeee bun), there are some different faces on this squad.
- Dre Hunter is gigantic and looks like he's in fantastic shape. Clearly can still add some muscle to his frame, but Mike Curtis strikes again!
- Hi clapping Tony. I've missed you.
- Devon Hall looks locked in. He recently posted a video to his Instagram account showing some of his summer work.
He looks in peak shape, is shooting well, and driving. I think this is going to be a huge year for Hall. He's always been a heady player, and he's got one final year to show what he's got. I've always been impressed with his work ethic and team-first mentality, but I think he will have a real opportunity to shine as the leader both on and off the field.
- Dre Hunter has got moves.
- SUPER ATHLETIC JACK SALT OFFENSE MOVES.
- Obviously they only post the makes in a hype video, but it's nice to see a video that highlights so much offense. Ty Jerome, Anthony, Guy, Mamadi Diakite, Jay Huff, and Isaiah Wilkins all hit nice pull up jumpers or set jumpers.
- Speaking of Isaiah Wilkins, he's looking healthy, which is crucial to the success of the team. His absence was obvious in the NCAA drubbing at the hands of Florida.
- Oh. My. Gosh. I am so excited for the fresh faces. The ceiling for Huff and Hunter is so high, and the season cannot come soon enough.
Only 79 more days, my friends. Only 79 more days.