Another week gone by as we inch ever closer to Selection Sunday.
Luckily, for Virginia fans everywhere, another week means another two victories to add to the win column.
It’s also good news for the team sheets the Selection Committee will use on that Selection Sunday to determine who makes the tournament, who they’ll play, and what seed they’ll be given, as we’ve shown over the last two weeks.
As it stands, in the eyes of the Selection Committee, UVa is staring at a #1 seed and would likely be considered, along with Villanova, for the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. That means UVa would play in Charlotte the first weekend, and slated to play in Atlanta for the second weekend.
Here’s how the Team Sheet for UVa looks right now:
- Georgia Tech and Boston College continue to fluctuate between Quadrants with each win and loss.
- Virginia Tech’s three game winning streak has moved that game into Quad 1.
- Wisconsin’s ugly season is dropping their RPI like a rock and could eventually move that win to Quad 4.
As for the coming week:
- As you see above, Syracuse has an RPI of 44 right now. The home win for UVa was a Quad 2 game, but a road game at the Carrier Dome will be a Quad 1 game.
- FSU is one spot ahead of the Orange at 43, so next Wednesday’s game in Tallahassee will also be another chance to bolster the UVa Quadrant 1 record.
The good news for Virginia is they currently have a 3 game lead over everyone in the ACC. Don’t take a massive stumble down the stretch in the regular season, and the Cavaliers should wrap up a 1 seed before the ACC Tournament.