The impending arrival of Hurricane Florence has caused more changes to the Virginia Cavaliers athletics schedule than just moving the football game to Nashville. As of Tuesday afternoon, half a dozen sports have had events affected, from postponements to outright cancellation.
Here’s the list as we know it, according to the Athletic Department.
Events scheduled for Friday, September 14th:
- Men’s and women’s cross-country (Panorama Farms Invitational): Canceled
- Men’s soccer vs. Notre Dame: Postponed, and will be rescheduled for later in the year
- Field hockey at North Carolina-Chapel Hill: Postponed, make-up date to be announced
- Women’s soccer at Virginia Tech: Postponed, will be rescheduled
- Volleyball at VCU: Will proceed as scheduled
Events scheduled for Saturday, September 15th:
- Volleyball against South Carolina and Toledo (at VCU in Richmond): Proceeding as scheduled
- Women’s golf (Mary Fossum Invitational, East Lansing, Michigan): Scheduled to play as normal
Events scheduled for Sunday, September 16th:
- Field hockey at Liberty: No decision made yet
If you have a ticket for the men’s soccer game, hang onto it and you’ll get in for the rescheduled game. You can also exchange it for other men’s soccer games, or admission to a game for one of several other sports; more details on that are available on VirginiaSports.com.
We’ll update this list as we learn more from the University.