Coming off the bye week, the Hoos get back to action on Friday night in Miami against the Canes. Ahead of that game, Coach Mendenhall and his staff have released an updated depth chart:
There’s two changes from the previous depth chart from the Notre Dame matchup.
- Josh Ahern backing up Zane Zandier at ILB, rather than Robert Snyder. According to Bronco Mendenhall, Robert Snyder is out for the season. That’s a big loss for the Hoos at LB. Also disappointing for Snyder, who has already missed one season due to injury.
- Fentrell Cypress II backing up Bryce Hall at CB. Previously, that has been Heskin Smith. This may be a case of rewarding a true freshman for strong work in practice. Obviously, Hall rarely comes off the field. If he were forced to miss time, the most likely scenario is Brenton Nelson moving to CB and Chris Moore/DeVante Cross moving to SABRE. Jaylon Baker is probably the first “true” CB off the bench. Cypress has yet to see action in his career.
A couple of other notes of interest:
- Still no Brennan Armstrong. The backup signal-caller has been out with a toe injury. No word on when he’ll be available again.
- Olu Oluwatimi is listed at C. He hasn’t played there the past two games because of an arm injury. He was, however, still listed on the depth chart both weeks. So we don’t know if he’s available to snap or not. His absence from the middle of the line has hurt the offense immensely.
- It looks like a couple players will be out for the season:
Bronco Mendenhall announces that both linebacker Rob Snyder and center Tyler Fannin are out for the season.— Bennett Conlin (@BennettConlin) October 7, 2019
In other news, game time for Virginia’s next game has been announced.
Hey 4th Side— Virginia Football (@UVAFootball) October 7, 2019
Our Oct. 19 home game against @DukeFOOTBALL will kick at 3:30 p.m. and air on @accnetwork ‼️#GoHoos | #TheStandard
BUY DUKE ️ https://t.co/020JRtwCL8
MORE INFO: https://t.co/PO2MPjPqZ7 pic.twitter.com/UY3ZMXKGQy
This will be Virginia’s first afternoon home game of the season. Let’s get out there and support the Hoos.
Check back here for continuing coverage ahead of this big Coastal Division matchup.