The Virginia Cavaliers followed up a strong showing against Clemson with a bit of a hangover loss to NC State this past weekend. But Vegas money remains confident—even if barely—in Virginia’s ability to rebound and get back to a .500 record overall as the Hoos open as a mere one-point favorite over the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.
College Football— Circa Sports (@CircaSports) October 11, 2020
Week 7 Opening Lines pic.twitter.com/u0FY2TkgbE
On the season, Virginia is 2-1 against the spread as follows:
- -4.5 vs. Duke (W)
- +28 at Clemson (W)
- -7 vs. NC State (L)
Wake is also 2-1 against the spread, covering +35 vs. Clemson and -34.5 vs. Campbell, but also failing to cover -2 against NC State.
All-time, Virginia leads the series 34-15-0, though this will be the first time the teams will have met since 2016, a 20-27 road loss for the Hoos. Wake has won the last three straight, dating back to 2008.
Other lines around the ACC:
- Boston College Eagles at Virginia Tech Hokies (-11)
- Pittsburgh Panthers at Miami Hurricanes (-10.5)
- Duke Blue Devils at NC State Wolfpack (-5)
- North Carolina Tar Heels (-8) at Florida State Seminoles
- Liberty Flames (-2) at Syracuse Orange
- Clemson Tigers (-27) at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Louisville Cardinals at Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-14)
Virginia and Wake Forest will kick off Winston-Salem on Saturday, October 17 at 4:00 p.m. ET, once again on the ACC Network.