The Virginia Cavaliers’ football season is heading in the wrong direction as the Hoos dropped their third straight game of the season, this time to the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. A slow-starting offense and an exposed secondary doomed the Cavaliers despite being favored over the Deacons this past weekend.
The Hoos are 11-point underdogs next weekend to the No. 11 Miami Hurricanes, who are 4-1 with only a loss to top-ranked Clemson.
On the season, Virginia is 1-3 against the spread as follows:
- -4.5 vs. Duke (W)
- +27.5 at Clemson (L) (Note: this line was at +28 but had moved to +27.5 just prior to kickoff, so we updated just this week with a L)
- -7 vs. NC State (L)
- -2.5 vs. Wake Forest (L)
Miami, on the other hand, is 4-1 against the spread this season, covering all the games in which they’ve been favored, and then getting completely blown out by Clemson.
Virginia is behind all-time on the series against Miami, 7-10, including a 1-3 record under Bronco Mendenhall.
Other lines around the ACC:
- Syracuse Orange at Clemson Tigers (-44.5)
- NC State Wolfpack at North Carolina Tar Heels (-16.5)
- Florida State Seminoles at Louisville Cardinals (-4.5)
- Virginia Tech Hokies (-7.5) at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-9.5) at Pittsburgh Panthers
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Boston College Eagles (-4)
Virginia and Miami will kick off on Saturday, October 24 at 8:00 p.m. ET, once again on the ACC Network.