Location: Syracuse, NY
Date: January 1, 2022
Time: 6:00 p.m. ET
Channel: ACC Network
Online Streaming: ESPN
Odds from DraftKings: Syracuse -3
The Virginia Cavaliers struggled to close out 2021, but it’s a NEW YEAR, NEW THEM! The Hoos look to get off on the right foot this year.
Pack Line Pledge, Back Again!
Finally, here are some media notes:
- Virginia (7-5, 1-1 ACC) begins a three-game road swing at Syracuse.
- UVA has a two-game winning streak against the Orange.
- UVA held Syracuse to 34 points in its last visit to Carrier Dome on Nov. 6, 2019, marking an all-time low for the Orange in a game at the Carrier Dome.
- The 34 points were Syracuse’s lowest since a 49-28 loss to Sampson Navy on Jan. 13, 1945 (Sampson Navy was a team from a military base during the war years).
- UVA ranks eighth nationally in scoring defense (56.2 ppg), 13th in personal fouls per game (13.5) and 21st in turnovers per game (10.5).
- UVA has limited its foes to 49.6 points per game, 33.1 percent field goal shooting and 25 percent 3-point shooting in its seven wins.
Leave your pre-, in-, and post-game thoughts here!