Virginia Cavaliers vs. James Madison Dukes
HOW TO WATCH THE ‘HOOS:
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Date: December 6, 2022
Time: 8:00 P.M. ET
Online Streaming: WATCHESPN
Betting line: UVA -12
Be sure to follow us on Twitter as we live tweet tonight’s game!
Streaking the Lawn — @STL_UVA
Zach Carey — @Zach_Carey_
Dan Siegel — @DanSiegelShow
Ryan Reese — @HoosOn_First
Ben Wieland — @BenWieland
Paul Guttman — @Tiki_UVA
Will Campbell — @WillC_45
Paul Wiley — @PaulWileyVA
Lastly, here are some of UVA’s media notes:
• Virginia is 7-0 for the first time since starting 7-0 in 2019-20.
• UVA is 7-0 for the sixth time in the past nine seasons.
• UVA ranks fourth nationally in 3-point percentage (42.3%) and free throws made per game (19.4), 10th in turnovers per game (9.9) and free throw attempts per game (26.4), 11th in assist/turnover ratio (1.57) and 23rd in scoring defense (59.0 ppg).
All-Time vs. JMU
• Virginia is 11-1 all-time against JMU in the series that dates to the 1977-78 season.
• The Cavaliers are 7-0 against the Dukes in Charlottesville, including a 65-34 win in the last meeting between the teams at JPJ in 2019.
• JMU snapped UVA’s 11-game winning streak in the series with last year’s 52-49 win in Harrisonburg.
• Virginia head coach Tony Bennett is 3-1 all-time against JMU.
Last Time vs. The Dukes
• For the first time in series history, James Madison (8-3) defeated Virginia (6-4) 52-49 on Dec. 7, 2021, at Atlantic Union Bank Center.
• The Dukes held UVA to just 14 points in the first half – the lowest point total in any half by the Cavaliers under the Tony Bennett era.
• UVA jumped to a 10-2 advantage before JMU closed out the first half on a 22-4 run, which included 15 unanswered points, during the final 11:26 of the opening half. Virginia shot 27 percent (6-for-22) from the field in the first half.
• Jayden Gardner led the Virginia effort with a game-high 12 points on 6-of-9 shooting and added a season-high 14 rebounds.
• Not a single JMU player scored in double figures, but eight different players registered points for the Dukes.