Location: Winston Salem, NC
Date: January 21st, 2023
Time: 2:00 P.M. ET
Online Streaming: WATCHESPN
Betting line: UVA -3.0
How a blend of small ball and triangle offense has reinvigorated UVA basketball’s offensive production
Be sure to follow us on Twitter as we live tweet tonight’s game!
Streaking the Lawn — @STL_UVA
Zach Carey — @Zach_Carey_
Dan Siegel — @DanSiegelShow
Ryan Reese — @HoosOn_First
Ben Wieland — @BenWieland
Paul Guttman — @Tiki_UVA
Will Campbell — @WillC_45
Paul Wiley — @PaulWileyVA
Lastly, here are some of UVA’s media notes:
All-Time vs. Wake Forest
• Virginia is 69-71 all-time vs. Wake Forest, including a 16-41 mark in Winston-Salem, in the series that dates to 1910-11.
• Wake Forest ended the Cavaliers’ nine-game winning streak in the series with its 63-55 win in Charlottesville last season.
• UVA has won 10 of the last 11 meetings in the series, including a four-game win streak in Winston-Salem.
• The Cavaliers have scored 65 or more points in seven of their last 10 games (6-1) vs. the Demon Deacons.
• Tony Bennett is 10-5 vs. Wake Forest as head coach at Virginia.
Last Time vs. The Demon Deacons
• Wake Forest outscored Virginia 36-26 in the second half and held on to win 63-55 at John Paul Jones Arena on Jan. 15, 2021.
• Wake Forest shot 45 percent (23-51 FG) from the field, while the Cavaliers shot 36 percent (21-58 FG).
• Virginia was active on both ends of the floor, tallying 10 steals and 17 assists, but a 13-0 run by the Demon Deacons in the second half proved to be the difference in the game.
• UVA suffered a 6:48 scoring drought in the second half.
• Armaan Franklin scored a game-high 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range.
• Kody Stattmann tied his career high of 11 points on 4 of 8 shooting.
• Reece Beekman tallied five steals in the loss.
• Shooting guard Armaan Franklin (26, 21, 20, 20) leads Virginia with four 20-point games, while Jayden Gardner (26), Kihei Clark (20) and Ben Vander Plas (20) have also registered 20-point efforts.
• Franklin has led UVA in scoring in six contests this season and needs 35 points to reach 1,000 career points.
• Franklin is averaging 6.8 rebounds over the last three games.
• Vander Plas is averaging 14 points and 7.3 rebounds the past three games and is 11 of 20 from 3-point range during that span.
• Gardner (12 points, 11 rebounds) registered his 37th career double-double vs. Michigan and snared his 1,000th career rebound vs. Syracuse.
• Isaac McKneely matched a career high with four 3-pointers vs. Syracuse and has made at least one 3-pointer in 13 games.
• McKneely is shooting 56 percent (14 of 25) from 3-point range during his six-game 3-pointer streak.
• Reece Beekman registered his fifth career game with five or more steals vs. North Carolina (1/10).
• Beekman is shooting career bests from 3-point range (47.5%) and charity stripe (81.8%).
• Ryan Dunn has registered four games with three blocks.