Virginia Cavaliers vs Boston College Eagles
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Date: January 28th, 2023
Time: 12:00 P.M. ET
Online Streaming: WATCHESPN
Betting line: UVA -14.0
The Big Preview: UVA men’s basketball takes on Boston College at home
UVA Basketball ACC Halfway NET Report
Roundtable: Who has been the biggest surprise for UVA men’s basketball this season?
Where does UVA basketball sit in the ACC Power Rankings?
Be sure to follow us on Twitter as we live tweet tonight’s game!
Streaking the Lawn — @STL_UVA
Zach Carey — @Zach_Carey_
Dan Siegel — @DanSiegelShow
Ryan Reese — @HoosOn_First
Ben Wieland — @BenWieland
Paul Guttman — @Tiki_UVA
Will Campbell — @WillC_45
Paul Wiley — @PaulWileyVA
Lastly, here are some of UVA’s media notes:
All-Time vs. Boston College
• Virginia is 18-8 all-time vs. Boston College, including a 13-8 ACC mark, in the series that dates to 1971-72.
• The Cavaliers have a three-game win streak against the Eagles, including a 67-55 win last season.
• UVA has won 11 of the last 13 games in the series.
• UVA is 10-2, including a seven-game winning streak, against Boston College in Charlottesville.
• UVA has limited BC to 58 or fewer points in seven of the last nine meetings.
• Head coach Tony Bennett is 12-5 all-time against Boston College.
Last Time vs. The Eagles
• Kihei Clark scored a season-high 19 points and Jayden Gardner added 17 as Virginia downed Boston College 67-55 in ACC action on Feb. 1, 2022, at John Paul Jones Arena.
• Kadin Shedrick added a career-best 13 points and Armaan Franklin chipped in 12 at UVA improved to 13-9, 7-5 ACC.
• Virginia drilled a season-high 26 free throws on 29 attempts.
• The Cavaliers scored 20 points off 14 BC turnovers.
• Shooting guard Armaan Franklin (26, 25, 21, 20, 20) leads Virginia with five 20-point games, while Jayden Gardner (26), Kihei Clark (20) and Ben Vander Plas (20) have also registered 20-point efforts.
• Franklin has led UVA in scoring in seven contests this season and needs 10 points to reach 1,000 career points.
• Franklin registered his first career double-double with 25 points and career-best 10 rebounds at Wake Forest.
• Franklin is averaging 7.8 rebounds over the last four games.
• Vander Plas is averaging 12.5 points and 7.3 rebounds the past four games and is 10 of 24 from 3-point range during that span.
• Gardner (12 points, 11 rebounds) registered his 37th career double-double vs. Michigan and snared his 1,000th career rebound vs. Syracuse.
• Isaac McKneely matched a career high with four 3-pointers vs. Syracuse and has made at least one 3-pointer in 14 games.
• McKneely is shooting 54.8 percent (17 of 31) from 3-point range during his seven-game 3-pointer streak.
• Reece Beekman registered his fifth career game with five or more steals vs. North Carolina (1/10).
• Beekman is shooting career bests from 3-point range (46.7%) and charity stripe (82.6%).
• Ryan Dunn has registered four games with three blocks.