Virginia Cavaliers vs Wisconsin Badgers
How to watch
Location: Fory Myers, FL
Date: November 20th, 2023
Time: 6:00 PM ET
Channel: Fox Sports 1
Betting line: Virginia -2.5
Tipoff is at 6:00 — leave your pre, in, and post-game thoughts here and be sure to check back in for plenty of postgame content later tonight, tomorrow, and next week!
We’ll also be active on Twitter throughout the game and all season long so follow along on there for our staff’s live reactions.
Streaking the Lawn — @STL_UVA
Zach Carey — @Zach_Carey_
Dan Siegel — @DanSiegel_
Ryan Reese — @HoosOn_First
Ben Wieland — @BenWieland
Paul Guttman — @Tiki_UVA
Corbin Lathrop — @CorbinLathrop
John Kurcina — @JohnKurcina
Lastly, here are some of the game notes provided by UVA:
All-Time vs. Wisconsin
• UVA is 4-2 all-time vs. Wisconsin.
• Tony Bennett holds a 3-1 record against the Badgers.
• UVA was 2-1 against the Badgers in the ACC/B1G Challenge.
• Virginia defeated Wisconsin 53-46 during the 2018 Battle 4 Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas.
• Virginia defeated Wisconsin 49-37 during the 2017 Challenge, avenging a 48-38 loss to the Badgers during the 2013 Challenge.
• Virginia beat Wisconsin 60-54 at the 2012 Challenge in Madison.
• Wisconsin defeated Virginia 66-56 at the 1999 Top of the World Classic in Fairbanks, Alaska.
• Virginia defeated Wisconsin, 86-78, at the Milwaukee Classic during the 1974-75 season in Milwaukee, Wis.
More Wisconsin Connections
• Tony Bennett and Wisconsin head coach Greg Gard served as assistant coaches under Ryan at Wisconsin from 2001-03.
• Wisconsin Special Assistant to the Head Coach Kirk Penney served as director of player development/coaching staff consultant at Virginia during the 2019-20 season. Penney starred at the University of Wisconsin from 1999-2003 before enjoying a 15-year professional career. He helped the Badgers to the 2000 NCAA Final Four under the direction of Tony Bennett’s father, Dick Bennett. Tony Bennett was on staff during each of Penney’s four seasons at Wisconsin, including three seasons as an assistant coach from 2001-03.
Hoos in the National Rankings
• UVA ranks fifth nationally in scoring defense (51 ppg), ninth in field goal percentage defense (33.5), 11th in turnovers per game (8.2), 14th in blocks per game (6.8), 17th in assist/turnover ratio (1.97), 21st in turnover margin (7.5) and 22nd in steals per game (11).