How to watch the Virginia Cavaliers vs. Virginia Tech Hokies
Well, we don’t really need to add any context here for the 100th meeting of these two teams. With the Commonwealth Cup on the line, and more importantly, pride, here goes nothing.
Here are five storylines from UVA:
- Virginia and Virginia Tech are meeting for the 100th time in series history and for the 24th time in the last 27 years in the regular season finale for both teams. UNC (123) is the only team the Cavaliers have played more times than the Hokies.
- QB Bryce Perkins is responsible for 170 points (19 passing TDs, 9 rushing TDs & 1 Pass 2pt.) which ranks No. 1 in the ACC and No. 17 in the nation.
- This season Perkins has passed for 2,213 yards and rushed for 730 yards. In 2018, only Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray has also passed (3,310) for 2,200+ yards and rushed (739) for 700+ yards.
- SS Juan Thornhill is tied for No. 4 in the nation and No. 3 in the ACC with five interceptions. His 12 career interceptions are No. 2 among active FBS players (Jalen Young, FAU, 13) and he is tied for No. 7 all-time on the UVA career ledger.
- HB Olamide Zaccheaus, UVA’s all-time career reception leader, is climbing the ACC’s all-time reception list coming in at No. 10 with 334 career catches. Zaccheaus is also No. 3 among all active FBS players in career receptions, trailing Fresno State’s Keesean Johnson (260) and Duke’s T.J. Rahming (240).