How to watch the No. 4 Virginia Cavaliers (2-0) vs. Coppin State Eagles (0-2)
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Location: Charlottesville, VA | John Paul Jones Arena (14,623)
TV & Online Streaming: ACC Network Extra | WatchESPN.com
Radio: Virginia Sports Radio Network
Latest Sportsbook Odds: Virginia is favored by 39 points.
Leave your pre-, in-, and post-game thoughts here!
Otherwise, here are a few fun facts courtesy of Virginia Media Relatio
- UVA meets Coppin State for the second time.
- UVA is 116-35 (.768) in non-conference action under Tony Bennett.
- Bennett and Coppin State’s Juan Dixon are two of 27 current Division I head coaches who played in the NBA.
- Ty Jerome is the first Cavalier to make 10 3-pointers in the first two games of a season since Curtis Staples in 1997-98.
The Head Coach
- Three-time National and ACC Coach of the Year Tony Bennett has a 221-86 (.720) mark in 10 seasons at Virginia and 290-118 (.711) career mark in 13 seasons.
- In 2017-18, Bennett led Virginia to its eighth ACC regular-season title, third ACC Tournament championship, school-record 31 wins, ACC-record 17 league wins and ACC-record 9-0 mark on the road.
- Bennett was named the USBWA Henry Iba National Coach of the Year for the third time to rank second all-time behind legendary John Wooden, who captured the award six times.
UVA Ranked No. 4 in AP Poll
- Virginia is ranked No. 4 in the latest Associated Press poll.
- UVA was ranked No. 5 in the preseason polls and has been ranked in the top 10 in the preseason rankings in four of the past five seasons.
- The Cavaliers were unranked in the 2017-18 preseason polls, but became the fourth team in the Top 25 era (1990-present) to earn a No. 1 ranking after being unranked in the preseason.
- Dating back to last season, UVA has been ranked in the AP poll for 18 straight weeks and has been ranked in the top 10 in each of the past 14 polls.
Last Time Out
- Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy had 20 points apiece as then-No. 5 Virginia defeated George Washington 76-57 on Nov. 11.
- De’Andre Hunter and Mamadi Diakite each added 10 points as Virginia jumped to a 42-17 lead at the break and never trailed in the win.
- UVA shot 54.5 percent from the field as Guy and Jerome each made four 3-pointers.
- Jerome added six rebounds, seven assists and four steals in the win.
- D.J. Williams led the Colonials with 17 points.
All-Time vs. the Eagles
- UVA is 1-0 all-time against Coppin State in the series that dates back to the 1993-94 season.
- Virginia defeated the Eagles 63-61 on Dec. 9, 1993 at University Hall.
- Harold Deane led Virginia with 15 points, while Cornel Parker added 14 and Yuri Barnes chipped in 10.
- Current UVA associate head coach Jason Williford added eight points, four rebounds and four assists in the contest.
- Stephen Steward tallied a game-high 25 points for the Eagles, who led 36-34 at the half.