Virginia Cavaliers vs. Pitt Panthers
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Date: December 3, 2021
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Channel: ACC Network
Online Streaming: ESPN+
Odds from DraftKings: Virginia -13.5
First ACC game of the season for the Hoos coming at you in early December against a very bad Pitt team that lost to UMBC earlier this season. I mean, no shade over there. UMBC is a storied program.
Anywho, here’s the BIG PREVIEW for tonight’s matchup.
Pack Line Pledge, Back Again!
In case you missed the original Pack Line Pledge post, it’s not too late!
Finally, here are some media notes:
- Virginia (5-3) opens its 69th season of Atlantic Coast Conference action vs. Pitt.
- The Cavaliers have a 13-game winning streak in ACC openers and are 12-0 in ACC openers under head coach Tony Bennett.
- Virginia is 33-35 all-time in ACC openers.
- The Cavaliers posted a 50-49 win over Notre Dame in last year’s ACC season opener at John Paul Jones Arena.
Virginia All-Time vs. Pitt
- Virginia is 17-4 all-time vs. Pitt in the series that dates back to 1957-58.
- UVA has won six straight contests vs. the Panthers, including a 73-66 tilt last season at John Paul Jones Arena.
- Virginia has won 13 of the last 14 games against Pitt, including a 7-1 record in Charlottesville.
- UVA is 10-1 against Pitt since 2013-14 when the Panthers joined the ACC.
- Tony Bennett is 10-2 all-time vs. Pitt.
Leave your pre-, in-, and post-game thoughts here!